Montessori Children's House of Valley Forge > Our School > Mission & History

Mission & History

The mission of Montessori Children’s House of Valley Forge is to cultivate the innate love of learning and respect that young children have for themselves, their peers, and their environment in order to help them prepare for a life of integrity, academic accomplishment and purpose.

Our home in Valley Forge Park is new, our House has been educating and nurturing children since 1963.  A non-profit corporation and parent run preschool, MCHVF, is affiliated with the American Montessori Society (AMS), is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State Board of Private Academic Schools, and by the Department of Public Welfare.  MCHVF is honored to be one of the few schools and the first Montessori school located in a U.S. National Park, and takes full advantage of its exceptional surroundings.

In February 2010, we completed our historically recognized and award winning multi-million dollar renovation and expansion of the former Ivy Hollow Farm (David Walker Farmstead).  Located on 3.5 acres within Valley Forge Park, the new purpose built preschool houses six classrooms, a large multi-purpose room for gym and art, a meeting room dedicated for parents, and a room specifically for our Parent and Toddler classes. In addition, there are two age appropriate playgrounds and an athletic field. An outdoor classroom has just been completed.

MCHVF is a parent run school, the Board of Directors, consisting of parents, alumni parents and grandparents, together with the Administrator, establish school policy. Parents are invited to participate and volunteer in a variety of ways.  From sharing their talents and experiences with the classes to providing daily snacks and planning special events, our parents are a welcomed and integral addition to our House community.

Montessori Children's House of Valley Forge

Ivy Hollow, 1630 Thomas Road, Wayne, PA 19087

Tel: 610-783-0110 Fax: 610-783-1727

map >>